Under Florida law, email addresses are public records. If you do not want your email
address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic
email to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.

Pursuant to 119.12 (2), F.S., the custodian of public records is Hampton Peterson, 561.355.2996.

Go back to: Home / Court Services / Circuit Civil Court

Circuit Civil Court

Circuit Civil Cases (Damages over $15,000)

Free DIY Workshops Coming Up Soon

How to Collect a Money Judgment

Wednesday, January 23, 2019, 3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
North County Courthouse, 3188 PGA Boulevard, Law Library
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410

E-Courts - Using Technology to Represent Yourself

Wednesday, March 6, 2019, 3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Main Courthouse, 205 North Dixie Highway, First Floor Cafeteria
West Palm Beach, FL 33401

Circuit Civil cases are non-criminal cases in which individuals or businesses sue for damages exceeding $15,000. Cases involving claims of $15,000 or less are under the jurisdiction of the County Civil Courts.

Examples of Circuit Civil lawsuits include bond validations, car bonds, personal property bonds, declaratory judgments, ejectment, eminent domain, injunctions, petitions, quiet title, replevin, and tax-related cases such as contest of tax assessments, enforcement of a tax warrant and IRS liens.

Circuit Civil cases must be filed in room 3.23 (3rd floor) of the Main Courthouse.

Civil Cover Sheet with Instructions - Form 1.997

PDF | File Size: 211 kb

The Circuit Civil Department also handles:


For information about the courts, including but not limited to setting hearings and judicial schedules, please visit the 15th Judicial Circuit’s webpage.

Car Bonds (F.S. 559.917)

This process may be used to assist someone who has been given a price for automobile repair work, and was then charged a higher rate when the work was completed.

  • A cash bond, in the form of cash or a cashier’s check payable to Sharon R. Bock, Clerk & Comptroller, must be posted with the Clerk & Comptroller’s office for the invoice amount.
  • A certificate will be issued to the customer to enable the customer to retrieve their vehicle.
  • The shop owner will have 60 days to file a petition to obtain payment for said repairs.
  • There is no filing fee for this procedure.
Ejectment (F.S. Chapter 66)

A petition for ejectment may be filed when an adult person will not voluntarily vacate your home. This process may be used to remove a person or persons who occupy real property with you but do not hold title to that property.

Contact the Circuit Civil Department

The Circuit Civil department is open Monday-Friday (except legal holidays) from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. 

Main Courthouse 

205 N. Dixie Hwy.
3rd Floor, Room 3.23
West Palm Beach, FL 33401

Telephone: (561) 355-2986

Mailing Address

P.O. Box 4667
West Palm Beach, FL 33402-4667